SportsCity.com is an exciting new website that encompasses all your favorite sports and players, and is committed to bringing fans all the sports news they’re looking for in a quick and timely manner.
We’re happy to be associated with several other sites that have well-established reputations around the league as well:
Our office is located in downtown Los Angeles, and gives each intern the opportunity to cover sports and learn about online marketing and other techniques to succeed in the world of online journalism.
- Be able to write creatively, analytically and efficiently.
- Be internet savvy. – Basic HTML, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitter, Reddit and WordPress just to name a few.
- Familiarity with MacOSX & it’s suite of apps.
- Over 18.
- Ability to commit 15-20 hours a week working out of our Los Angeles office.
- A solid foundation of internet marketing and content production.
- Search Engine and Social Media Marketing.
- Learning some insights into the world of sports media.
- Learn the art of the story pitch.
- School credit if your counselors are as cool as USC and LMU’s counselors.
This is a paid internship position as our intern will be compensated with a monthly stipend depending on performance and time put in. We are absolutely clear on what we need to do when it comes to interns, but we understand not everyone is, so if you are unclear, please refer to this link.
How to apply:
- Email your resume to mailbag [(at)] lakersnation.com with the subject line “Best Intern EVER”
- Email us a cover letter – Tell us about yourself, what you’ve done in the past and why you think you’d be perfect for this internship.
- Bonus points for people who make a video of themselves and include that YouTube link in your email.
We look forward to hearing from you.